Understanding The Role of Emotional Wellness in Your Client’s Success
As a Health and Wellness Professional, learn about the importance of addressing emotions and their role in eating to better your practice. Register today here!
About this Event
- ~We all have a relationship with food, but we don’t often recognize how this relationship shapes how we conduct ourselves in every other aspect of our personal and professional lives.
- ~As healthcare providers of all types, we have a responsibility to not only be aware of what disordered eating looks and sounds like, but also to ensure our protocols and language do not introduce harmful rules around food.
- ~In this dynamic workshop we will explore how emotions and emotional eating impact your client's ability to successfully implement your recommendations and thus, their progress and success under your care.
We will discuss:
- How emotional patterns are mirrored in other areas of life.
- The widely-believed myths surrounding emotional eating.
- The stigma around practitioners addressing this pervasive issue.
- The lack of practitioner training in addressing client emotions.
- How emotional eating is preventing your clients from achieving their health goals.
- How certain protocols can hinder your client’s success and even lead to disordered eating.
- How to recognize, understand and manage emotional eating.
- How to merge the role of emotions and your expertise to guide your client to wellness.
What to expect:
- Interactive discussions from 10am to 3pm, with a break for lunch at 12pm.
- A catered, plant-based lunch, with coffee, tea and light snacks available throughout
- An easily accessible location - ArtStarts is at the corner of Richards and Robson. There is an Impark lot directly across the street.
- An expectation that participants have an open heart and open mind to explore how their own relationship with food impacts their lives and the care they give.
About the organizer:
- ~Speaker: Krisztina Marshall is the Founder and CEO of Heemang Emotional Wellness, providing private consultations for those who are struggling with emotional eating, eating disorders and obesity. She is trained as a Master Practitioner in Eating Disorder and Obesity, Certified Nutritional Practitioner, Psychotherapist, Cognitive Behaviour Therapist, and a Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner. www.heemangforyou.com
- ~Organizer: Kiara Tchir is the Founder of hiley. She provides holistic nutritional services grounded in science and compassion, designed in support of your individuality. www.hiley.co
- ~Organizer: Liesel St Arnaud is the Founder of Narrative Health, where she teaches clients how to navigate living with chronic disease.